Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Imbecilic Leadership In Action

Leadership in action:
I look forward to sharing information with them. Let me just be very clear about this: Had we had the information that was necessary to stop an attack, I'd have stopped the attack. And I'm convinced any other government would have, too. I mean, make no mistake about it; if we'd had known that the enemy was going to fly airplanes into our buildings, we'd have done everything in our power to stop it. And what is important for them to hear, not only is that, but that when I realized that the stakes had changed, that this country immediately went on war footing, and we went to war against al Qaeda. It took me very little time to make up my mind, once I determined al Qaeda to do it, to say, we're going to go get them. And we have, and we're going to keep after them until they're brought to justice and America is secure.
Nice of Dubya to acknowledge the obvious: That any other president would have done exactly what he did. And I'm glad that he would have taken action to stop the murder of 3,000 people if someone had only sent him a postcard letting him know what was about to go down.

But why can't he comprehend that the issue is his administration's failure to take prudent action in light of the increasingly shrill warnings during the summer of 2001?

And why can't he comprehend the even larger issue of his failure to take seriously his own rhetoric about hunting down and disabling al Qaeda?

And why can't he comprehend that his monumental failure of launching an ill-conceived war against a phantom threat has done nothing except make America less safe.

Not only is George W. Bush the personification of imbecilic leadership in action, but he is a genuine threat to the continued safety of America.