Monday, August 02, 2004

Fox Comedy Central

I don't know who's funnier. The contenders:

Condi Rice lying about the freshness of the information precipitating the latest terror alert:
But what happened over the last few days is that that information has become more specific as to place and that is why Tom Ridge felt it necessary yesterday to go out and talk about rather the specific targets in New York and in New Jersey and in Washington, D.C.
Or Bill O'Reilly trying to set policy for the United States:
[Regarding the number of people caught each week trying to illegally cross into the United States from Mexico] But 16,000 a week? I mean, the numbers are staggering. They're staggering. And it seems to me if you're not going to put the National Guard on the border, which is what I would do, with all due respect. I mean, you know more than I do, and I'm not trying to run policy for the Bush administration. But you know, in my book, I clearly lay out that if you do want to solve the problem, the Border Patrol can't do it alone, and they know that.
Granted, it doesn't take a PhD to do a better job as National Security Advisor than Condi Rice. But does Bill really think that his best seller's offer a blueprint for national policy?