Monday, August 16, 2004

Wolf! No Really. Karl Said So.

I've said it before. And it's true. If you're going to do this blogging thing you've got to put your ideas out there before someone else goes on record them.

Glancing through last week's edition of Newsweek I was aghast to see Karl Rove, senior political advisor to the president, dominating a photo of a meeting in which White House homeland security adviser, Frances Townsend, was supposedly discussing whether or not the terror alert level should be raised in response to 4 year old surveillance information. What, I wondered in frustration, does Rove contribute in a meeting about whether there is a terrorist threat to the United States?

A few days later my dad, who had seem the same photo, and I again ridiculed the presence of Rove in a supposedly non-political setting.

Well, unfortunately I didn't blog about it then. Fortunately Lerxst did. Thanks to Kevin Drum for the assist.