Monday, July 19, 2004

Fungus

Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob.

Kevin Costner as Crash Davis
Bull Durham
1988
For a variety of reasons I've gotten a little behind in blogging this past week. But, despite the fact that it's over a week old, I do want to comment on Marvin's house cleaning.

Marvin, in excising Anonymous posts, is following Crash's "Think Classy - Be Classy" advice. And, it must be admitted, Marvin is classy; and his blog has a shower fresh scent (and probably far more anonymous traffic than my obscure little blog). I, on the other hand, choose to exhibit the hard-headed sloppiness of Ebby Calvin 'Nuke' LaLoosh. I do not plan to delete comments. I think a little fungus is...colorful.

Of course, since this blog has not yet "arrived" my tolerance for a little mildew probably just make me a slob. And a self-flattering proprietor of a stupid rag to boot.

Yikes! Better work on my fastball. I'll never make it to the show at this rate.