Thursday, July 08, 2004

Go Ahead, Make My Day

In the span of 51 minutes this morning I was accused of being -- simultaneously? -- a reporter and a pundit! Is this a sign that my humble little blog has arrived? Alas, probably not since apparently I'm only "masquerading as a pundit."
nota bene: It seems to me that as an actual source of opinion and criticism I'm really masquerading as a reporter while operating as a pundit. (A minor pundit, to be sure, but that's a matter of degree, not type.)
Then again, maybe Apeiron has really arrived. I've heard tell of paid trolls haunting blog comments. Perhaps like Paul O'Neil, Richard Clarke, Eric Shinseki, David Kay, Richard Foster, Joe Wilson and others I represent some sort of threat to Bushian democracy power? Could the RNC's paid little obsequious flacks be on to me? Maybe I've inadvertently stumbled into that vast mythical right wing conspiracy we've heard tell of? Or perhaps John Ashcroft is surreptitiously checking up on me?

Hard to know what motivates our unnamed guest. But I do hope Anonymous will feel at home here since he shares with the title of this blog, Apeiron, a common etymological connection.