Tuesday, July 27, 2004

A Star Is Born

Just got a call from my brother on the convention floor. "The excitement," he said, "is palpable. Barack Obama is the next, next Vice President of the United States. Edwards-Obama, baby."

Watching from home I have to agree: Barack Obama just lit it up. The man is going places. I envy my brother being in the Fleet Center and seeing firsthand the emergence of a national figure.

As David Brooks said on PBS (paraphrase):
Speeches like Obama's are why we come to conventions. It's a shame the networks choose not to cover what may be the best speech of the convention. I thought that John Edwards might over shadow John Kerry. I never thought that Obama might overshadow Edwards.
Brooks may be right. I saw Edwards in person at a rally last Friday. He's good.

Obama may be better.