Saturday, February 14, 2004

Another Day Another Year

Well, another birthday has come and gone.

All in all, it was a good day. I knocked off from work a few hours early. I took in a movie with my lovely wife. While waiting for Aimee to arrive I had the theatre to myself for about forty minutes. Having planned for the free time I read a chapter of my current book. After the movie Aimee treated me to a sandwich at the only fast food restaurant at which I allow myself to eat. On the drive home the radio announcer wished me a Happy Birthday. In 34 years I don't ever recall hearing one of those generic birthday messages actually delivered on MY birthday. The announcer also reminded me that I share a birthday with singer Peter Gabriel. And I learned that talk-show host Jerry Springer was born on February 13th too. Upon arriving home I got a birthday call from my mom. All of this happened on a Friday the 13th, which does make it special for me. To top it off I got to bed early and got a good night's sleep. The rest of the birthday weekend will be filled with family activities, play time with my boys, a dinner with my parents, and even some cake (yellow cake with chocolate icing). Yes, all in all, a good birthday.