Thursday, July 29, 2004

King of All Media

All week my brother, Daniel Buck, has been in attendance at the Democratic National Convention in Boston. Through some sort of miscommunication I was totally unaware that he was engaged in virtual, or, shall we say, correspondent blogging. He's been sending brief snippets to the Greeley Tribune and they have, in turn, been posting his observations. Though the convention is now over you can, if you're interested, check out his posts from Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (here and here). If he has time to send in a post on Friday it should appear here.

When I next talk with my brother I shall have to gently chastise him for failing to inform me that he is the King of All Media. For, in addition to his blogging stint of which I was not aware, I have seen him on the national CBS broadcast during the John Edwards speech. During one of the applause pauses the CBS eye caught him in his funny hat.

You can see a picture of Daniel in his funny hat -- and bear further witness to his media domination -- by checking out a story in the Fort Collins Coloradoan.

Also, he has been a daily guest on Northern Colorado's right-wing radio station, KFKA. The DJ's have been quite cordial to Daniel, but it's clear where their sympathies lie. Following one of Daniel's convention updates they trotted out their "fair and balanced" mantra. Since Daniel espoused the only Democratic point of view I had heard on the station I presume his five minute interview was countering the brief Rush Limbaugh update aired earlier. My brother, the Rush Limbaugh of the Left? Well, he's only 19 so he's got time.

Tomorrow he continues his media ascendancy as he conquers the WB network. He's supposed to be on at 6:08 a.m.

Can Larry King be far behind?

Update: Here's an earlier story mentioning Daniel that I had missed from before the convention. And another one from Durango. And here's another feature from the Greeley Tribune. And he gets in a plug for insanity over at the People's Weekly World. Man, this kid gets around!